So, after a couple of trips to the hospital to let the staff have a, thankfully, uninvasive look inside (x-ray and ultrasound), there might possibly potentially be a tiny little baby stone lingering in my left kidney. The ultrasound technician wasn’t convinced though and so my days continue with the wonderful trepidation that at any moment I could be brought to my knees by a piece of calcium that is 2mm in diameter. The good news is that I feel back to normal. And alas, If that piece o’ rock even attempts to send my ureters into spasm again, I am now able to send my body into a wonderfully numb state in a matter of minutes thanks to my stock of suppositories and codeine.
With all of the lying around I’ve been doing over the last couple of days I have been thinking more about the fact that in just over a month I will become a member of the Dirty Thirty club. The big 3-0. The fourth decade. The age that everyone wants to be the new 20, but when you find yourself strolling through the aisles of M&S, you realize it just isn’t. Turning 30 (or any milestone age) is bound to make you reflect. That and when you start to see your “not really friend” friends who are on facebook putting up statues like:
OMG! This afternoon I got to cross off Sky Diving into an Iron Man race, completing it and celebrating by building a house for Habitat for Humanity from my Bucket List. Next up is teach an ape how to body pop so that he can perform on America’s Got Talent and show people that we are all just animals, really.
I started to question whether I should have a list of incredible things I would like to accomplish before I kick the bucket. And then I remembered who I am. Instead, I decided to compile a list called the ‘Suck At’ list, because they are ten things that I’d like to just get on top of or finished before I die. I think other people call them daily “To do’s.” I was also going to do 30 things. Then, I again remembered who I am.
- Get birthday presents to people on time
- Vacuum and see that it makes a difference in removing The Big Brown One’s hair from the carpet.
- Buy something to store our towels in. There is literally no where to put our towels in this freaking Victorian house.
- Get Christmas cards to people on time.
- Get to the bottom of our laundry basket. I wonder what’s down there. Some say it’s the 8th Wonder of the World.
- Put our clocks in sane places in our house instead of hanging them anywhere I have found a nail or bolt. It looks like the Mad Hatter lives here.
- Scale the great peak that is our pile of ironing.
- Get fish for the fish tank that we put water in 6 months ago. The water has evaporated over halfway.
- Do something to ensure that I never, ever, EVER have to plan another week of meals again.
- Send a completed letter to anyone. Ever. (There are 3 out of date ones sitting in my desk right now – perhaps if they sit there long enough they will become relevant again.)
I aim high.
I hope this has made you feel better about yourself.
*I’ve overlooked an important item:
11. Remember passwords to things.
Check me out. I excelled myself.